Tuesday 25 July 2017

Still Headlight problems

Update 25/07/17

I have everything i need to take car into bodyshop bar the passenger side adaptive headlight. This is important as the bodyshop need it to align the front properly (especially since that was the side that was hit)

I had already got the driver's side for the bargain price of £250 and recently found the passenger side for £400 (remember these are about £650 brand new). 

However when the passenger side arrived I tested it and it worked but there was gaps between the lens and body and excessive double sided tape, along with finger print inside the lens. Turns out the lens was replaced poorly and it was written in the listing, albeit very small. It was returned and i was fully refunded.

I found another at a breakers but they seem to think they could charge £600 for a used part, so told them where they could go with that.

So now I'm still on the hunt for a headlight. Or bite the bullet and buy it brand new.

In the meantime here's a video of these pesky lights in action (credit to IronEagle)


BMW F20 Adaptive Headlights (Xenon) from IronEagle on Vimeo.

 If you know where I can find one, get in touch. I would be very appreciate.

Catch you soon

Like, comment, subscribe if you enjoy this blog




No comments:

Post a Comment